Like most people back home and all around the world, I am still reeling from the attacks that took place in Paris on Friday night. It was only last year I was walking along the streets where the shootings took place and to imagine they were the scene of such atrocities is something I can’t quite wrap my head around.
I am very lucky that none of my Parisian friends were hurt during the events but my heart is heavy for the victims, their families and my country as a whole. It’s so hard not to give into anger and fear in times like these and French people (and everyone else in the world really) are facing a terrible challenge and difficult road ahead. I just hope we can face these struggles as one united front and that we somehow find the strength to continue to look for the light rather than give in to darkness…
Je suis Paris.
If you’re looking for some light relief and distraction today, here are some links I found for you last week:
- This beautiful hotel in Italy offers rooms with a retractable roof so that you can truly sleep under the stars.
- The cutest DIY place cards.
- 10 amazing home libraries.
- Definitely making this chocolate and rosemary popcorn for our next movie night.
- I love these picture hanging ideas.
- A beautiful holiday table setting.
- Asos is launching a bridal collection!
- 40 websites that will totally ruin your productivity.
- A simple lavender baby shower.